- Microsoft Visual Studio (all versions from 2003 through 2012)/Eclipse
- Microsoft SQL Server (versions from 2000 through 2012), SQL Compact
- SQL Reporting Services
- Subversion, Microsoft Team Foundation/Source Safe
- Object-relational mapping (ORM) tools such as: Solution Design LLBLGen, Microsoft Entity Framework
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro, Microsoft Access
- Ruby on Rails
- Visual Basic (VB)
- Visual FoxPro
- VBA (Access, Excel, Word)
- Objective C/iOS Development
- n-Tier development separating the user interface, business logic, and data access layer to ensure easy reuse of core business processes and ease of code maintenance in the future
- Mobile applications
- Amazon Cloud
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) primarily utilizing web services (SOAP and REST based) using JSON/XML data
- AJAX enabled technologies for web based applications
- Multithreaded applications
- OLE Automation allowing .NET applications to control Microsoft Word, Excel, and other applications
Custom Application Development
Porter Willis specializes in web development utilizing the latest technologies and industry trends. Our team of experienced developers have a passion for building powerful applications with easy-to-use, elegant interfaces. We have a record of developing highly efficient database-connected web apps for you to manage and we are experts at solving unique or complex problems with code built from the ground up.
We employ Microsoft’s .NET and PHP for custom development and integration efforts. .NET is the Microsoft Web services strategy to connect information, people, systems, and devices through software. Integrated across the Microsoft platform, .NET technology provides the ability to quickly build, deploy, manage, and use connected, security-enhanced solutions with Web services. .NET-connected solutions enable businesses to integrate their systems more rapidly and in a more agile manner. Our PHP development takes advantage of open source modules that are applicable to the project requirements.
The mobile device medium has shifted the way consumers interact with businesses, and thus requires new technologies and strategies to deliver your message and create an experience suited for your mobile visitors.
Mobile development, when done properly, can be a very cost-effective way to expand your business online. There are many things to consider when taking your website mobile, including what you want to achieve through your mobile site, the various mobile platforms, usability opportunities and limitations, and mobile optimization.
Mobile web design isn’t about “shrinking to fit.” It involves taking a message and carefully translating it to a new medium, one that is powerful yet unique in its delivery capabilities. This can be accomplished by making your website mobile compatible and/or by creating native mobile applications.
Porter Willis understands the big picture and the nuances of mobile design that can make or break a visitor experience – from platform compatibility and graphic boundaries, to mobile information architecture and visitors’ browsing habits.
User Experience (UX)
We understand that the best behind-the-scenes technology infrastructure means nothing without a positive user experience. Form and function are not mutually exclusive, but rather must work in harmony to yield the best results. We aren’t just interested in how our technology functions, but how it’s received by the end-user. This is why we not only talk to our clients about the importance of user experience (UX); we also offer the knowledge and services to back it up.
Many design and communications components go into creating a positive user experience. Everything from planning and assessment to graphic design and information architecture make for an aesthetically pleasing, intuitive, and efficient experience. Porter Willis considers all of these variables at the onset of the project, and builds them into the process where appropriate. Through the use of the latest usability principles, let us help you provide the optimal user experience.